Rules Final 2020
Conditions of Participation
Le Best Chef Competition is open to any US based professional chef between the ages of 25 and 35 years old. The competition, organized by “The Culinary Academy of France / USA Delegation” is free and without obligation. If a juror has selected a candidate, he/she cannot be present to judge at the competition.
Each applicant must provide in a very neat file, original and creative recipes:
- One main course for 8 people on “The Poultry Farm” thematic
- The poultry must be boned out and can be served stuffed or not, but without the head.
- The dish must be accompanied by a hot stock or juice of your choice, served on the side.
- The first individual garnish (8 pieces) will be based on seasonal mushrooms, served on the platter.
- The second garnish (8 pieces) will be a free choice, served on the platter.
- The main garnish will be « la Pomme Anna Moulée », which must be served on the side.
- One dessert served on a plate for 8 people on the “Hot/Cold Chocolate” thematic, accompanied by a sauce or coulis of your choice.
- Decorations are a free choice.
Each applicant must complete the full application wish consists of four required elements:
- Resume with photo
- The registration form
- The jacket size (Bragard)
- Detailed main course and dessert recipes with photos in color
THE APPLICATION IS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST BY EMAIL: email@example.com
Or on the website of the Académie Culinaire de France / USA Delegation: www.ACF.USA.ORG
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSION is Tuesday, December 31st, 2019
The main evaluation criteria will be:
- Respect of themes
- Seasonality of recipes
- Respect of raw ingredients
- Compliance with the regulations
- Quality of presentation
Use of Products
For the realization of the recipes, the participants will use all themed ingredients on the application (amount mentioned in the recipe by the candidates) and present the recipes for 8 people on a platter for the main dish and on plates for the dessert.
The total cost of the raw materials used for the recipes must not exceed $300 for 8 people for both dishes (or $37.50 per person), EXCLUDING THE COST OF RAW MATERIALS PROVIDED BY THE ORGANIZATION (see section 6).
During the finale, base ingredients will be available to each candidate:
- 2 liters of fresh poultry stock
- PM coarse salt
- PM Table salt
- PM Pepper
- 1 liter of canola oïl
- 1 liter olive oil
Their use is optional.
Ingredients and Materials Not Supplied; Preparations Prohibited or Authorized by the Organization in the Final
All specials ingredients, spices and specific equipment needed to achieve the recipe of the candidate, other than those specified above (see Article 6), will have to be supplied by the candidates on the day of the final.
Will be excluded all commodities having received any preliminary preparation such as:
- Peeling, cutting
WHOLE FOODS MUST REMAIN RAW
Special equipment and food will be checked by the organization on the morning of the contest, any violation, transgression/cheating will be eliminated.
Truffles, caviar, gold leaf and sauce bases are strictly prohibited, except those provided by the organization.
Candidate Selection for the Final
Applications must imperatively be submitted on the website, sent by mail or email before Tuesday, December 31st, 2019 to the following addresses:
By mail at:
“CULINARY ACADEMY OF FRANCE / USA DELEGATION”
C / O SEBASTIEN BAUD
CONSULATE GENERAL OF FRANCE IN NEW YORK
934 5TH AVENUE, NEW YORK, NY 10021
By email at:
Selected finalists will be announced on Friday, January 24th, 2020.
Selected finalists will receive a detailed invitation (by email) to the finale to be held on Saturday, April 18th, 2020 at the International Culinary Center of New York.
Food Basket for the Competition
Each finalist will receive a food basket for the final according to the proper recipes of each candidate.
The final will take place on Saturday, April 18th, 2020 in the kitchen of the:
International Culinary Center
462 Broadway, New York, NY 10013
During the final, each finalist will be assisted by a student assistant from the host institution.
Each candidate imperatively has to bring a non-nominative white jacket, black pants, an apron, a toque blanche.
The Day Before the Final
Each candidate must be present at the dinner on the evening of the previous day from the final (Friday, April 17th, 2020 at 6:00 pm in a restaurant defined by the “CULINARY ACADEMY OF FRANCE / USA DELEGATION”) to determine the starting order and designate the workstation as well as the assigned student.
The Day of the Final
Each candidate will prepare their recipes for 8 people with a dressage:
- On a platter for hot dish up to 1 meter in length of 0.60-meter-wide maximum (the dish will be provided by the organization unless stipulate otherwise by the candidate), sauceboat and dish for the main garnish.
- On plates for dessert without distinctive sign (the dish will be provided by the organization unless stipulate otherwise by the candidate) and sauceboat if necessary.
The time of preparations shall not exceed 5 hours and 30 minutes.
- The first dish must be sent after 5 hours and 30 minutes from the start of entry into the contest by the candidate.
- The dessert should be sent 45 minutes after sending the first dish, so 6 hours 15 minutes after the start of entry into the contest by the candidate.
The jury of this final will be chaired by the president of the World Académie Culinaire de France and MOF Fabrice Prochasson and will consist of nine professional chefs and pastry chefs (MOF chefs, and Presidents of Associations).
The winner will be awarded the Jean-Jacques Dietrich Trophy, a diploma of The Académie Culinaire de France and numerous donations from our partners. The winner will also be offered an all-inclusive trip to Paris and the opportunity to participate in the Trophée Passion 2021, an international competition organized by the Académie Culinaire de France.
Each finalist will receive a diploma and a medal indicating their participation in the final as well as many prizes from our partners.
The winner will have to be present at the 2nd final of “Le Best Chef Competition” to hand out the
Jean Jacques Dietrich Trophy in 2022 to the future winner.
- 1st Prize: A $2,500 check and an allocation of materials and food products provided by our partners, related to the culinary world for a global value of approximately $3,000.
- 2nd Prize: A check for $1500 and an allocation of materials and food products provided by our partners related to the world of gastronomy for a total approximate value of $2,000.
- 3rd Prize: A check for $500 and a grant of equipment and food provided by partners of the exhibition, related to the culinary world for a global value of approximately $1,500.
Membership of Participants
Participation in the competition necessarily implies unconditional acceptance of this regulation.
The jury’s decisions are final and cannot be challenge or appeal.
Permissions Intellectual Rights
Participants expressly authorize the Organizing Association “Culinary Academy of France / USA Delegation” to publish and/or exploit the recipes of the application by indicating the name of their author, as well as all the images of the recipes and the candidates taken within the framework of this contest for an indefinite duration, on all support and in the whole world.
The distribution of the names, references and/or photographs of the winners does not entitle them to any financial compensation for their benefit other than the delivery of their prizes.
The host association ” L’Académie Culinaire de France / USA Delegation” reserves the right to modify these rules if necessary.
It cannot incur any liability if in case of events beyond its control, it had to shorten, extend, postpone or change the conditions of the contest.
The host association “L’Académie Culinaire de France / USA Delegation” cannot incur any liability in case of technical problem preventing the connection of participants and resulting in the loss, delay, sending to the wrong address or incomplete registration data mail participants, either by post or electronically.
The host association “L’Académie Culinaire de France / USA Delegation” cannot incur any liability for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by website users or by any equipment or programming associated with the organization of this contest.
The host association “L’Académie Culinaire de France / USA Delegation” reserves the right to change the prizes provided that the nature and values equivalent to those of the lots involved. The prizes awarded to winners are personal and cannot be attributed to another person. Winners must prove their identity in order to receive their prize. The host association “L’Académie Culinaire de France / USA Delegation” will not replace any lost or stolen prize.
- Travel expenses (excluding food) of the finalists will be taken in charge by the host association “L’Académie Culinaire de France / USA Delegation ” on the basis of $250.
- The hotel expenses for the finalists will be taken in charged by the host association “L’Académie Culinaire de France / USA Delegation” only for the night of Friday, April 17th, 2020 in a hotel defined by the organization.
- All food expenses incurred by the finalists will not be taken in charge by the host association “L’Académie Culinaire de France / USA Delegation” except for the dinner on Friday, April 17th, 2020 in a restaurant defined by the organization and on the day of the finale, Saturday, April 18th, 2020.
Law “and Freedoms”
The personal information collected as part of Le Best Chef Competition are treated respectfully. Participants are informed that their personal data recorded in this competition are necessary for the recognition of their participation.
Moreover, participants are also informed that all personal data collected at the Le Best Chef Competition are exclusively communicated to the association “L’Académie Culinaire de France / USA Delegation”, which manages and assumes full responsibility.
Participants in the competition thus benefit from the Organizing Association “The Culinary Academy of France / USA Delegation” sole recipient of the personal data collected as part of its present right to access, correct and cancellation of its gathered information on the contest on form.